Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sad

I've been working in my current department for nearly 2 years. I've been doing my current job for more than a year. I've been officially titled an "administrative assistant" for nearly 5 years, still at the same desk, doing none of the same work as when I was hired.

So today my manager came to me and told me I've been promoted. To the job I'm currently doing. To the position I currently hold.

Effective Monday, I'll be paid for doing the job I've been doing for over a year. I've worked my fingers & eyes out, compiled data, worked spreadsheets like there's an end of the world depending on it, sorted data, created forms, run queries, done things in databases I never knew was possible.

I've been praying for this. Praying that God would help the people in charge realize my value. Praying we'd be better able to make ends meet. Praying A LOT.

So now it's official. I'm so relieved all I want to do is sleep. And I've no one to tell.

It's just...sad.


Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Silliness? Please share!

Related Posts with Thumbnails