- The dishwasher doesn't unload itself.
Even though the dishwasher gets full and the dishes get washed, unless Mom specifically says "Crab empty the dishwasher" the dishes stay INSIDE the dishwasher.
- Mom disappears after being sick for 3 days.
In the beginning, very attentive children brought popsicles, drinks, tissues, medicine. After 10 days, I got ONE visit from the girls. No visits from dh. Ouch.
- Puffs Plus tissues, though occasionally causing excessive amounts of oil to develop around the nose, are the preferred tissue when copious amounts of fluid are leaking from sinus cavities.
- When Puffs Plus are not available, toilet tissue, napkins, and the occasional sock will work.
- Sapper *can* get the kids out of bed and to school. (Maybe I add too much volume to the normal routine, causing him to avoid us like the plague?)
- 7Up and popsicles. Not necessarily in that order.
- My mother is the most wonderful woman in the world.
- Flannel sheets are excellent for keeping the sickly warm & 'coasty' in cold weather. However, they also trap heat when the sickly person has a fever (resulting in the formation of puddles). Bleccch.
- Not all antibiotics are created equal.
- Sick time, when depleted, does not spontaneously regenerate. ::sigh::